Listed below are some key milestones and achievements in our history. And with you, we’re looking forward to continuing this journey with our favorite marque, Porsche.
• September 13, 1955 – The Porsche Club of America was officially founded by Bill Sholar & friends in the Washington, D.C. area.
• March 31, 1959 – A petition for recognition or our Region as a chartered club of the Porsche Club of America was submitted by Allen B. Fine. The name of the club was to be “PCA, Richmond Region” with the county boundaries of Henrico, Hanover, Chesterfield, Powhatan, Goochland, Dinwiddie, and Prince George. The original officers were: President, Allen B. Fine; Vice-President, Dr. Willard M. Fitch; Secretary-Treasurer, George W. Patterson III. In addition to the President, known members of the club were: Fred M. Johnson Jr., Thomas W. Allen, Julia C. Baylor, Dr. Willard M. Fitch, Edgar A. Jett II, Jack D. Lewis, Wendell B. Powell, Dr. C. N. Richards Jr., Neal Sykes Jr., George W. Patterson III, and Lt Robert Miller.
• April 22, 1959 – The original charter was granted by PCA. In 1964, the name of the region was changed to the “First Settlers Region” and as the region grew, its membership extended to the west to include counties in West Virginia.